Homepage  
  About Us  
  Contact Us  
  Term & Condition  
  About Mekong River  
  Link Exchange  
  FAQs  
TOUR CATALOGUE
MEKONG TOURS
MEKONG CRUISE VIETNAM
MEKONG CRUISE CAMBODIA
MEKONG CRUISE LAOS
SEND US YOUR INQUIRY
About Mekong River
Mekong Delta Vietnam
Tuesday, 12.15.2009 (GMT+7)

The Mekong Delta is one of the largest delta in Asia with the area of round 49,520km2 and is located on Indo-China Peninsula made by the huge power of the Mekong River with main area is in Vietnam.  About 26% belong to Cambodia and the rest of 74% is occupied by Viet Nam.

It is compiled by a Vietnamese specialist said the area of the Mekong Delta in Viet Nam is 39,568km2. The Delta is the southernmost part of Indo-China peninsula and is affected by the tropical monsoon or marine climate from Thailand bay and South China Sea.

Vicinity of Chau Doc, An Giang Province is the Vietnam-Cambodia border and downstream area is colored with green that shows rich paddy fields of the Mekong Delta. The mainstream of the Mekong River is broke up into two main flow in the Mekong Delta, which called Song Hau( Hau river) and Song Tien( Tien River ) in Vietnamese language. The flow running straight from Long Xuyên via Can Tho is Hau river or Bassac River in English. The other one is Tien River or Mekong River that runs north side of Hau river that repeats breaking up and meanders. These two main stream was divided at Phnom Penh and produce many branches until accession to the sea. And also there are innumerable artificial small canals that depend on main streams as an water axis. The Mekong River in Viet Nam called "Song Cuu Long” (Nine Head Dragons)" in Vietnamese language and the name is a metaphor of the Mekong Delta, which divided by nine major branches. The Mekong River at outside of Viet Nam is called "Song Me Cong (Mekong River) in Vietnamese language.

In the simple flat plain, there are some specific landforms in the Mekong Delta. The representative one is natural levee that develops along the main river, especially at upper areas of the Mekong Delta. Meanwhile, at each estuary of major river, sedimentation of suspended load due to binding force of riverine water and sea water is predominant. These fine particles makes Cape Cà Mau develop with the currents from north to south along the coastal line. Thus the Mekong Delta consists of a huge amount of sediment brought by the Mekong.

Tags: Mekong cruise, Mekong tours, Mekong delta tours

    Print        Top

Others:
» Mekong Sub-region mayors to discuss tourism cooperation
» Tourists flock to ecological areas in Mekong Delta's Bac Lieu province
» Vietnam one of top 10 best destinations for 2012
» Mekong Lodge in Cai be
» How does speed boat Saigon Phnompenh ( or Phnompenh to Saigon) look like?
» Cambodia/ Vietnam border crossing and visa requirement
» How to travel from Phnompenh to Saigon or vice versa by boat
» Mekong river geographic
» Life on Mekong river
» Mekong floating market

chung cư linh tây tower thủ đức

© Copyright -2009 Mekongcruisetrip.com
All right reserved  -  Asia View Travel -

Mekong cruise ; Mekong tours ; Mekong delta tours
Tel: ++ 84 4 37153818        Fax: ++ 84 437153828    Hotline: 84 904284484
Our partner: India Holidays | Vietnam travel deals | Travel guide | London to Paris Train
Miami Flights | chung cư icid complex lê trọng tấn |Cheap Flights | Campervan hire Lake district | Seguin TX | Hoteis Camboja

Mekong tours Mekong cruises Mekong delta tours